Dynafit has taken a classic 90's expression and slapped it onto the Radical ST binding to let you know how amazing it truly is. Note that Radical should be capitalized, which is pretty much an invite for you to get Rad, something you can very much do with this stout yet lower weight binding. A flick of the wrist (or pole) has you changing riser heights on the fly for those steep skin tracks, mellow approaches and everything in between. The hope is that every day is a powder day so the toe pins are built to break through compacted snow and ice that can build up on those deep days. Send to your hearts content, the lateral release is aided by a sliding plate under the heel for consistent release and the brakes will keep your skis close by to avoid awkward penguin slides to retrieve equipment. Tried and true, a real classic, legendary performance; however you want to say it the Dynafit Radical ST binding has a track record of performance that speaks for itself.
- 6mm plates under the toe and heel transfer power across a wide surface area for extra stability and control at speed.
- Speed Step heel climbing bar offering 2 riser heights in addition to flat, which can be flicked into place with a pole after a little practice.
- Power Towers on the toe pieces help guide your boots into the pincers, with bonus protection from side impacts.
- A full 25mm of fore/aft heel adjustment adapts to various boot sole lengths, which can increase the resale value as more people can step in.
- Brakes are included with 92mm, 100mm, and 110mm options* to match the width of your ski.
- The brakes have a glide plate intended to reduce friction from rubber boot soles when releasing sideways.
- Anti-rotational device on the brakes ensures the heel piece doesn't rotate accidentally and put you in ski mode while skinning.
- Crampon slots are designed to hold Dynafit ski crampon for those steep and greasy skin tracks.
**Please ensure the ski brakes you select fall between 15mm less to 2mm more in width compared to the ski underfoot.
Update 2018/19: The Radical ST is back and lighter than ever! Dynafit changed from steel to aluminum in the toe piece, ensuring time-tested performance both up and down but at a weight savings of 30g per side. The binding also gets new anodizing for a sleeker look.