Whether mountaineering in demanding alpine conditions or spending long days conquering multi-pitch ascents, the Mutant 38 is fine-tuned for vertical ice and steep terrain. Developed with the help of local guides and athletes and honed over years of abuse in extreme conditions, its close-to-body fit and refined feature-set promotes safety and stability in even the worst of conditions. New colors, advanced fabrics and refined features make the latest iteration of Mutant 38 even more formidable than its predecessor, proving that the evolution isn't done yet. The whole Mutant family benefits from the addition of lightweight, recycled NanoFly® and robic fabrics for impressive durability and lower environmental impact than virgin materials.
Dual ToolLocks, rope carry, snowshed backpanel, glove-friendly buckles and strippable features.
Developed and tested by athletes and local guides.
A narrow profile, close-to-body carry and Osprey's superior fit makes for efficient and ultimately safter movement in the mountains.
- Removable webbing gear attachment straps
- Front panel daisy chain loops, compatible with Voile straps
- Three-point haul system
- Snowshed fabric backpanel
- Dual ToolLocks with bungee tie-offs
- Internal hydration sleeve
- Lightweight, glove friendly buckles
- Rope attachment/internal compression
- Removable top lid with zip pocket; FlapJacket and stowaway pocket
- Removable, multi-position helmet carry net
- Reinforced A-frame ski carry
- Quick release upper and lower compression straps
- Dual hipbelt gear loops and ice gear carry loops
- Reverse-wrap hipbelt
- Removable Atilon framesheet, dual aluminum stays