Cooking Backyard to Backcountry is a unique approach to memorable outdoor cooking. Whether you use a gas grill, a charcoal grill, or a wood fire, you’ll find special techniques—some new, some ancient—that will enhance your cooking experience.
Learn how to:
- Create crowd-pleasing barbecue the traditional way
- Fire up flavor by cooking directly on a wood plank
- Have great grilling anytime, anywhere, even on simple “grills for the hills”
- Bake anything and everything in a classic Dutch oven
- Prepare spectacular meals in a deep-pit barbecue
- Go primitive—and delicious—by cooking on a hot stone slab
- Boil up an unforgettable stew—or just a fabulous cup of coffee—using the Native American technique of stone boiling
- Cook with foil, spits, reflector ovens, and steam pits
Plus, the 150 mouth-watering recipes are tried and true family favorites that have been “field-tested” in backyards and backcountry camps. Many of them are sure to become your favorites, too.
If you want new recipes for the grill or want to learn entirely new ways to cook outdoors, this book is your guide to great times and great food.