Dynafit streamlined the Mercury pant enough to earn it a new number (2). Switching up the fabric mix and weaving the light lining into the inside of the shell material, the designers managed to shave 100 grams of weight and make it even more appropriate for active touring. The Mercury 2 pants have mesh-backed zip-vents on the thighs for dumping excess heat. They feature active-cut knees and abrasion-resistant breathable material. The weave is wind-resistant and water-repellent, yet mixed with elastane (spandex) in order to stretch with you. The pants now feature a Velcro adjustment on the waist to get the right fit, yet are also compatible with Dynafit Suspenders as backup. If you’re looking for a ski touring pant that adapts to many conditions, check out the new Dynafit Mercury DST (durable softshell).
- Stretch woven softshell is wind and water resistant.
- Ventilation zips on outer thigh have a fine mesh backing.
- Waist is adjustable with a Velcro strap on both sides.
- Adjustable internal gaiter keeps snow out of your boots.
- Belt loops and suspender hooks enable backup support.
- Two waist and one thigh pocket offer ample storage.
- Shell is coated with a durable water repellent (DWR).
- Durable scuff guards protect the lowers from skis.