Zion Climbing: Free and Clean
by Bryan Bird.
Zion Climbing Free and Clean is the most comprehensive climber’s guide to Zion National Park, arguably one of the most beautiful national parks in the United States. Inside you will find up-to-date information on more than 250 free climbs and 25 of Zion’s best clean aid climbs, plus pictures and directions to the park’s most popular bouldering areas. Detailed coverage ranges from 10-foot boulder problems to 2000-foot epic free climbs, making this compilation of stories, maps, and history the best guide available to Zion.
- 250 of the most classic free climbs, from Ashtar Command to Shune's Buttress
- 100 never-before published free climbs
- 25 of the best clean big walls, including Moonlight Buttress and Space Shot
- Most accurate and complete beta ever for Zion
- First ascent history—much of it previously unpublished
- Loaded with full-page photos of color climbing action and rock formations
Published: August, 2009
Paperback / softback