Yosemite Big Walls - 3rd Edition
by Chris McNamara and Chris Van Leuven.
New in the 3rd Edition
- All routes have updated beta and corrections
- Many routes have new first ascent history‚Äîmuch of which is previously unpublished
- 14 New Routes - there are now 64 of the most classic wall climbs
- New gear info for each pitch and linking beta
- Updated approach beta with GPS coordinates
- Updated strategy and retreat recommendations
Yosemite Big Walls: 3rd Edition is the most current, detailed, and accurate guide to Yosemite's most classic walls such as El Cap and Half Dome. This 208 page full-color printed guidebook includes unprecedented route detail such as climbing strategy, retreat information, descent topos, pitch lengths, and gear recommendations for each pitch. In addition, Yosemite Big Walls include historical information garnered from interviews with first ascentionists that bring these spectacular big wall climbs to life. Yosemite Big Walls covers the 64 best big wall routes on El Capitan, Half Dome, and Washington Column most of which were personally climbed and documented by authors Chris McNamara and Chris Van Leuven.
Published: May, 2011
Paperback / softback