SynMat UL and HL are the world’s lightest mats at their warmth and comfort levels! They pack to an extremely small size, but still offer a 2.9 R-value for warmth in 3-seasons. Tapered design and 20-denier fabric for weight reduction, microfiber insulation for 3-season warmth and 7cm/2.8” thickness for comfort. Anti-slip GripSkin coating on the surface of the mat helps keep a sleeping bag, and occupant, in place on the mat during the night. These mats prove that comfort and warmth need not be sacrificed in pursuit of super-light packing. Excellent choices for thru-hiking, bike touring and any time bulk and weight are the adversary.
The difference between the HL and UL versions is profile. UL is EXPED’s designation for a rectangular mat, built with ultralight material, that offers a full sleeping surface all the way out to the corners. HL is our designation for a mat that has those corners tapered-off, thereby reducing weight and bulk even more.
- Tapered shape of HL version fit next to each other, head-to-foot in confined
- Insulated with Texpedloft synthetic microfiber
- Extremely lightweight and minimal packed size
- Convenient inflate and deflate valves
- Stable baffle construction
- Anti-slip GripSkin coating