The Womens Blaze 94 is what Völkl likes to call “sporty”. It delivers on many levels, but it is made for the high octane delight of a skier that loves to turn on a dime, in every type of terrain. The 0.3mm thick layer of titanal across the binding platform creates an impressively direct power transfer from skier movement to ski action. Keeping the titanal only under the foot creates an incredibly fun and responsive turning experience, immediately from initiation, with little effort.
Although it is designed with short turn radius goals, the 3D Radius Sidecut and Hybrid Multilayer Woodcore significantly enhances the ski's liveliness and maneuverability for any turn shape. At only 1427g (@ 165cm length) and with the addition of the Suspension Tip and Tail (basically a rubbery “bumper” for whatever the ski comes in contact with), it is a fantastic touring ski as well. Regardless of resort skiing glory, off-piste endeavors, or backcountry objectives, the Blaze 94 offers an incredibly wide range of use in all conditions.
- 3D Radius Sidecut: Three radii in one ski for maximum turning & speed versatility in all-mountain skiing
- Titanal Binding Platform: A thin Titanal layer (0,3 mm) under the binding delivers the necessary strength to the ski. This way the binding screws offer reliable hold even in the toughest conditions.
- Suspension Tips & Tails: Inserts made of elastic TPU material on the edges of the tip and tail which act like a bumper in wind-blown or tracked snow. Its shock-absorbing elasticity ensures better stability and catch-free float.
- Hybrid Multilayer Woodcore: The extra-light hybrid multilayer wood core is a very complex core that is used in the Blaze. Light and very stable poplar and beech woods, individually weighed and selected by weight before gluing, are used in this wood core.
Core: Hybrid Multilayer Woodcore, Poplar/Beech
Base: P-Tex 2100
- Skiing Level: Advanced, Professional