Compact and lightweight, the GLACIER LITERIDE ice axe is the perfect choice for ski mountaineering, skiing steep chutes and fast-and-light climbing. It also has the benefit of great anchoring efficiency thanks to its very high-quality steel pick, guaranteeing both confident anchoring and great durability.
Compact: measuring 50 cm, the GLACIER LITERIDE is as compact as it is light, and therefore easily transportable on a pack.
Lightness and comfort:
- the upper part of the pick offers excellent grip (comfortable supporting surface)
- the pick and the shaft are lighter, yet extremely robust
Very good anchoring qualities in hard snow and ice, thanks to:
- the profile of the pick, for sure and stable anchoring
- the pick of toothed steel, thinner at the tip (3 mm)
- the stainless steel spike, for very good penetration in hard snow
High strength and practical aspects:
- high-quality steel pick (identical to picks of technical ice axes)
- very strong steel adze with with an edge designed for efficient cutting of steps
- head and spike equipped with holes for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling
- high-quality aluminum shaft (aluminum 7075, used in aeronautics), with anodized finish for excellent rust protection
- handle cut into the shaft provides better grip when used for technical ice climbing
Pick type: 1
Shaft type: 1
Certification(s): CE, UIAA
Material(s): heat-treated steel, aluminum 7075
References U01B 050
Length 50 cm
Weight 320 g
Guarantee 3 years
Sign up for a course or a trip and receive a 10% discount on purchases and a 20% discount on gear rental.
Pro Ski and Mountain Service is our retail specialty store. It has been located in North Bend, WA since 1999. The past trips and courses have had a large influence on what we sell. Many of our Pro Guiding customers come on trips and courses with gear they purchased from our store. Not only do we want our clients to have the right gear for the job; we also receive direct feedback from them while they are using it in the field. Trust us - if the gear does not work - we won't sell it.